MS Open House
The Middle School Open House was held on Thursday, September 21. We had a great turn out of parents. After a brief assembly in the Yoh Auditorium, parents followed their child’s schedule. Everyone enjoyed this opportunity to meet teachers and see the
classrooms spaces. Announcements for the evening were made by 8th grade students
Emma Tarleton (8) and Kelly Jackson (8) who ended the evening by thanking our
“Rocking Parents” for attending.
Mr. Brad Archer coordinated a student talk with Theo Padnos today in the auditorium. Theo shared his story of survival. In the late fall of 2012, Theo Padnos, a struggling American journalist, slipped into Syria to report on the country's civil war and was promptly kidnapped by Al Qaeda's branch in Syria.
Athletic Program Review Committee
Woodstock Union High School and Middle school is forming an Athletic Program Review Committee with the goal of building a strong, cohesive, student centered athletic program.
The committee will be made up of:
· 2 Students
· 2 Teachers
· 2 Coaches
· 2 Parents
· 2 School Board Members
WUHSMS is looking for a coach to lead our High School Varsity Girls Basketball Team. Link to announcement and application.
Upcoming Events and Dates
- Thursday October 5, 6:00-8:30 pm Grades 9-12 Open House
- October 6-8, Yoh Theatre presents the Laramie Project
- October 9, Columbus Day - School Closed
- Thursday October 12, WUHSMS hosts the Vermont Supreme Court. The Court will be in session all day and the public is welcome to attend. See details in future newsletters
- November 2 & November 9, Parent Teacher Conferences Save the Date