The Experiment's Leadership Institute Full Scholarships: Applications due January 20, 2016.
Applications forThe Experiment in International Living's fully funded Leadership Institute programsare due on January 20, 2016.
Qualified high school students who are current juniors may apply for a full scholarship to The Experiment's Leadership Institute programs in India with a focus on Global Health, orSouth Africa with a focus on Peace, Politics, and Human Rightsfor students deeply interested in intercultural leadership, global issues, and civic engagement.
Applicants mustapply onlineand submit a complete application, essays, two (2) references from two different adult teachers, mentors, or coaches, and other relevant materials by January 20 at 5:00 PM. Applicants must:
- Be rising seniors who are at least 16 years old but not more than 18 years old at the time of the program;
- Have a high school graduation year of 2017;
- Demonstrate strong academic performance and/or leadership experience;
- Obtain a passport valid through at least February 2017
- Because this is a leadership program, we especially seek applicants who can take initiative through the application process; we discourage parent involvement in the initial stages.
This summer 2016,The Experimentwill again offer our second year of thesefully-funded, six-week programs, including:
- Four-day pre-program Leadership Seminar inWashington, DC;
- Re-entry sessions inBrattleboro, Vermontat the SIT campus;
- Post-program project implemented in thehome
- These programs are fully funded for accepted participants. (There is no program fee, and international and domestic travel costs, including flights, are covered for students living in the U.S.)
Director of Admissions
The Experiment in International Living
a program of World Learning